Cheney, Selar

Male 1859 - 1922  (62 years)


Personal Information    |    Notes    |    Event Map    |    All    |    PDF

  • Name Cheney, Selar 
    Born 16 Jun 1859  Springville, UT Find all individuals with events at this location 
    Gender Male 
    _UID 0B70A13CB6344DFEAFE62F9AFF3D8A8E3F01 
    Died 9 Jun 1922  Jackson, Teton, WY Find all individuals with events at this location 
    Person ID I5452  Buyer, Stier and Related Families
    Last Modified 3 Jul 2008 

    Family Wilson, Mary Alice,   b. 28 Apr 1862, Wilsonville, Emery, UT Find all individuals with events at this location,   d. 6 Dec 1923, Jackson, Teton, WY Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age 61 years) 
    _UID A7BE71AF9FF945F1BEDE31A8E20BA4146D6A 
    Children 
     1. Cheney, David Henry,   b. 5 Aug 1888, Wilsonville, Emery, UT Find all individuals with events at this location,   d. 4 Jan 1941, Wilson, Teton, Wyoming Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age 52 years)
    Last Modified 28 May 2002 
    Family ID F1883  Group Sheet  |  Family Chart

  • Event Map
    Link to Google MapsBorn - 16 Jun 1859 - Springville, UT Link to Google Earth
    Link to Google MapsDied - 9 Jun 1922 - Jackson, Teton, WY Link to Google Earth
     = Link to Google Earth 

  • Notes 
    • Encyclopedic History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
      S
      South Sanpete Stake of Zion

      A number of Latter-day Saints entered Jackson Valley about 1892 and took up land there with a view of becoming permanent settlers. As these settlers increased in numbers they were organized into a branch of the Church July 30, 1893, with Sylvester Wilson as president and superintendent of Sunday school. Brother Wilson died and Selor Cheney was made presiding Elder in his stead. At the close of 1896 there were eight families of saints or 48 souls in the branch. This branch organization ceased to exist in 1905, when the saints residing in the south part of Jackson Valley became absorbed or amalgamated with the Wilson Branch and afterwards constituted a part of the Jackson Ward. On Aug. 22, 1914, James M. Robertson, jun., was chosen as presiding Elder of the South Park Branch, then known as the Cheney Branch. The South Park Branch belonged to the Jackson Ward until Sept. 13, 1925, when the Jackson Ward was divided and the saints residing in the South Park District were organized as an independent branch with James M. Robertson, jun., as presiding Elder. Brother Robertson presided over the South Park Branch Dec. 31, 1930, on which date the branch had 44 members, including 12 children.